Your homeopathic guide to treat white discharge
Are you feeling very embarrassed and worried as to why you are suffering from white discharge? Well, you should know that it is a routine medical condition for women. It is mostly developed during the reproductive cycle. It is a thick whitish discharge from the vagina is referred to as Leucorrhoea. It is normal especially if you are pregnant or are ovulating before your period. Read on to learn how to treat white discharge with homeopathy.
Causes of Leucorrhoea
Are you wondering what could be the possible reasons for white discharge? Hormonal changes, diabetes and anaemia are the usual causes of white discharge. The amount of vaginal secretion varies throughout the menstrual cycle. For instance, it will peak at ovulation and increase when you’re under emotional stress. Listed below are the most common causes of Leucorrhoea.
- Pregnancy, premenstrual or menstrual periods and congestion of the uterus.
- Infection of female genital organs.
- Irritation due to mechanical factors such as the use of chemical contraceptives, intrauterine devices, etc.
- Emotional causes such as stress, anxiety, work pressure and sexual anxiety.
- Hormonal irregularities.
- Errors in diet, excessive use of stimulants such as tea, coffee, alcohol and smoking.
- Medical conditions such as anaemia, tuberculosis, etc.
Symptoms of Leucorrhoea
Listed below are some of the common signs and symptoms of Leucorrhoea.
- Intense itching of the vulva
- Soreness of the vulva
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Fish-like smelly discharge
- Yellowish or thick curd-like discharge
- Vaginal bleeding in between two menstrual cycles
- Severe pain or menstrual-like cramps in the lower part of the abdomen
- Pain during or after sex
- Bleeding during or after sex
- Pain while passing urine
- Skin lesions around the vagina
- Swelling of the vagina
- Lower back pain
The aforementioned signs and symptoms point to the underlying causative factors of the specific disease which helps further in the diagnosis. Thus, if you experience any of the aforementioned signs and symptoms, you might need further medical evaluation.
Complications of Leucorrhoea
Listed below are some of the complications of Leucorrhoea.
- Spontaneous abortion – miscarriage
- Pre-term birth
- Cervical erosion
- Scarring of the fallopian tube, thus increasing the chances of ectopic pregnancy
- Difficulties in becoming pregnant
- Persistent and long-term plan in the lower abdomen
Diagnosis of Leucorrhoea
A clinical diagnosis of Leucorrhoea is based on a detailed clinical history of listed below complaints.
- Duration of the complaint
- Type of fungal infections
- Frequency of sexual intercourse
- Consistency, colour and odour of the discharge
- The time modality when it tends to increase
- The contraceptive history
A physical examination is essential to identify the inflammation and help identify and confirm the type of infection.
Treatment of Leucorrhoea
The conventional treatments of Leucorrhoea include vaginal tablets, anti-fungal and cauterisation. And the possible side effects of conventional treatments include allergic reactions, recurrence and invasive. This is when homeopathictreatment of Leucorrhoea comes into the picture. The advantages of homeopathic treatment of Leucorrhoea include absolutely no side effects, reduced recurrence and non-invasive. Natural homeopathic remedies for Leucorrhoea are made of natural substances and are completely safe with no side effects. Whatever be the cause of Leucorrhoea or white discharge, homeopathy is more effective in treating the problem as these remedies work to root out the underlying causes of Leucorrhoea. Female genitals are very much prone to infections since they are moist, sweaty and covered. So in cases where Leucorrhoea occurs due to infection, homeopathic medicines are capable of not only treating it but also have remedies for the infection as well. In case of discharge being due to physiological reasons, homeopathy is again equally effective in treating it.
In case you have a concern or query, you can always visit your nearby homeopathy clinic and consult an expert.